It’s that time of year again. It’s cold, it’s raining, but hey, you’re a fisherman. No excuses. As anglers, we can all relate to trying to tie a knot in the cold yet your fingers are just saying no. While some fishermen deny it, most would say that a good pair of gloves (that don’t break the bank) is an essential piece of kit.
At Freestyle, we think fishing gloves available in the market today get a couple of things wrong.
- They just don’t fit. Why make a glove that doesn’t fit snug on your hand? It’s like wearing a bag. Have you ever tried tieing a knot with a bag on your hands?
- They are not comfortable. If your fishing for hours at a time, comfort is essential.
(See the image below for a poor example of a pair of fishing gloves)
Freestyle anglers know finesse fishing is all about feeling. Last year we released 2 Freestyle gloves. We aimed to make a pair of gloves perfect for active lure fishing during the cooler months.
Freestyle Touch Glove. These gloves are full finger gloves with the ability to fold down the index finger and thumb to make tieing rigs and knots simple. Both the index finger and thumb are also touch screen responsive perfect when you want to get a quick snap of a catch or send a message to a friend.
Freestyle Fingerless Glove. As the name suggests, these gloves are cut below the fingers. While not the warmest gloves these are designed for the angler who wants to keep their manual dexterity while still keeping the majority of their hand warm.
Both gloves have many advantages;
- They fit snug on your hands and are available in 4 sizes.
- The gloves are fleece-lined, which provides insulation during the cooler seasons. The outer layer fabric is finished with water-resistant material to ensure your hands stay dry in wet weather.
- Enhanced grip. The palm of the gloves includes a grippy texture which makes gripping the rod and reel during wetter days hassle-free.
- Personal preference. They look great. While that’s not the most important aspect, everyone likes to look good.
The Index and Thumb section on the Freestyle (touch) Gloves are touch screen compatible.
The Index and Thumb section on the Freestyle (touch) Gloves can be folded down. Perfect for tieing knots or preparing other terminal tackle.
Both the Fingerless and Touch Freestyle gloves have been treated with a water-resistant finish.